Full Form Of EQUIP :-
Education Quality Upgradation and Inclusion Programme
EQUIP is meant to bridge the gap between policy and implementation. The project is made to bring transformation in the higher education system in the upcoming 5 years. It was crafted by ten committees led by experts within the government. The Department of Higher Education, Union Ministry of Human Resource Development has finalized and released a 5-year vision plan in the form of Education Quality Upgradation and Inclusion Program (EQUIP)
1. To improve access to higher education, especially for underserved communities.
2.To improve the gross enrolment ration.
3. To improve teaching and learning processes.
4. To build educational infrastructure.
5. To improve the quality of research and innovation .
6. To use technology and online learning tools.
7.To work on accreditation systems.
8. governance structures and financing.
Following ten goals for higher education sector:-
- Strategies for expanding access: Double the Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER) in higher education and resolve the geographically and socially skewed access to higher education institutions in India.
- Towards global best teaching/learning process: Upgrade the quality of education to global standards.
- Promoting Excellence: Position at least 50 Indian institutions among the top-1000 global universities.
- Governance reforms: Introduce governance reforms in higher education for well-administered campuses
- Assessment, Accreditation & Ranking systems: Accreditation of all institutions as an assurance of quality.
- Promotion of research & innovation: Promote Research & Innovation ecosystems for positioning India in the Top-3 countries in the world in matters of knowledge creation.
- Employability & entrepreneurship: Double the employability of the students passing out of higher education.
- Using Technology for better reach: Harness education technology for expanding the reach and improving pedagogy.
- Internationalization: Promote India as a global study destination.
- Financing higher education: Achieve a quantum increase in investment in higher education.